in what you learn than in what you give.
Hmmmm...what does that mean now that the first half of my life is over? For some reason, I take comfort (maybe too much comfort) in the fact that I still get to learn more than I give. It throws me back to understanding my life as a stewardship.
The next thought that crossed my mind, was "What are the other ideas that have guided my life and work the most." In 90 minutes I had written about 70. I was surprised that I could list that many, so I boiled it down to 40 and thought it might be fun to tweet them throughout the day. I figure the rest of the twitterville could put up with my extra tweets for one day! You can see the tweets and people's ERS (emotional resonance spectrum) by searching #40at40.
Also thanks to Brock Sawyer for typing them up on his blog here.
Here are the top six:
- Clarity isn’t everything but it changes everything.
- Jesus was totally clear about his origin, his mission, and his destiny.
- In the first half of your life, the opportunity of every situation is found more in what you learn than in what you give.
- The rest of your life will be in the future, so prepare for it now.
- The most important question I have ever discovered is, “What is God up to?”
- Imagination if more important than knowledge – Einstein
The rest of the list contains my personal, family and Auxano mission; the quote that lead me to write Church Unique and some of my favorite one-liners as a church consultant. Have fun and let me know your favs!