This post is the fourth installment of my Bucket List series, prompted by my bucket list trip to Santorini island.It's very important to diagnose your life concerning the common obstacles that keep[...]
Steve Jobs, one of the world's most influential inventors, died today. If you have the slightest interest in pursuing a personal vision, this 15 minute video is a must watch. And if Steve Job's innovation has impacted your life, you will like these three life lessons even more.
Life Lesson #1: FUTURE ORIENTATION- You have to trust in something.
- Trust that it will all work out in the end.
- Dropping out of college allowed me to “drop in” on what I wanted to learn.
- Most of what I stumbled in on turned out to be priceless down the road.
- Trust that the dots will connect down the road.
- You can’t connect the dots looking forward you can only looking backwards.
Life Lesson #2: LOSS AND LOVE- You have got to find what you love.
- I was lucky I found what I love to do early in life
- After 10 years and building a 2 billion dollar company with 4000 employees I got fired.
- I had been rejected but I was still in love.
- It turned out that getting fired from apple was the best thing that ever happened to me.
- The heaviness of being successful was replaced by the lightness of being a beginner again; I was less sure about everything.
- It freed me to enter the most creative period of my life.
- And the only way to do great work is to love what you do.
- If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking, don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it.
Life Lesson #3: DEATH - Your time is limited, so don’t waste it.
- When I was 17 I read a quote, "If you live each day as if it was your last, someday you will most certainly be right."
- I have looked myself in the mirror every morning and asked myself, “If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?"
- Remembering that I will be dead soon is the most important tool I have ever encountered to help me make the big decisions in life.
- You are already naked, there is no reason not to follow your heart.
- Death is the destination we all share.
- Death is the best invention of life. It clears out the old to make way for the new.
- Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.
- Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition- everything else is secondary.
- Stay hungry, stay foolish.